Student Income Tax Lodgment

Any Student staying in Australia for more than 6 months is considered to be a citizen for tax purpose only.

This requires that you will pay tax on your Australian income at the same rate as other Australians, and will have access to the $18,200 tax-free threshold.

What do you need to lodge your tax?

1. Your tax file number (TFN)

2. A photo ID (like a passport)

3. Your PAYG Payment Summaries. After 30 June your employers should provide you with payment summaries. These provide details of the amount you’ve earned and the amount you’ve been taxed. You’ll use this information to fill out your tax form. Your employer might send you the PAYG summary in the mail or provide it for you online. Employers should give these to their employees by 14 July.